Friday, August 8, 2008

No Stopping

Apparently somebody must have sensed my vexation. When I drive, I have a 90% probability of catching that red light. If I am in your car, be prepared to stop. Maybe my luck is about to change. The San Bernardino Associated Governments has funded a major traffic signal synchronization project totaling about $8.5 million and it is nearing completion. The project synchronizes about 800 signals across the County and was federally funded. Cities that have had their signals synchronized include Rancho Cucamonga, Montclair, Rialto, Redlands, and Highland. Chino and Fontana will be turning on their synchronized lights within a few weeks and San Bernardino, Upland and Loma Linda will be synchronized by the end of summer.

This should help save you some idling time and fuel during your daily commute. Now if we could just explain to the drivers in Rancho Cucamonga that the light on top means stop, not step on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment