Monday, July 6, 2009

"Tree House" For Sale

If a picture is worth a 1000 words, then what does this one say?

Tree HouseClick image for larger view

We all know that a listing without any photos is less likely to be looked at by Buyers. You should always have at least 1 photo on your listings. The more photos you have on the listing the more likely it is that the Buyer will consider it. Your photos should also not hide the ugliness.

I know, you want to show the property in it's best light. I agree. However, you should also not intentionally hide issues. I have no idea what the status of the property in the photo is. I am not sure the listing agent does either. The above photo is the ONLY photo on the listing. I am not sure I would have chosen this as my primary and ONLY photo. What does the inside look like? If it looks like this on the outside perhaps the inside is so bad that it wasn't worth taking interior photos.

Here are the public comments in entirety!

SHORT SALE

What more could you possibly want to know about this property right? How about, WHY IS THE TREE RESTING ON THE HOUSE! I can just imagine the conversation that took place at that listing appointment.

And the agent remarks don't provide much more information. In fact, they just say to be sure and call before you visit. Why, so you can reserve me a hard hat or so that you can take down the caution tape in hopes I won't notice the white elephant. What Buyer would even consider visiting? Give me more information on the home. It doesn't mention that the roof has a tree resting on it. A fairly LARGE tree from the looks of it. I am sure it hasn't occurred to this listing agent or the owner why the property has been on the market longer than 200 days.

My advice to the lender reviewing offers for this home, if any have come forth. Take the first offer over $1 and call it a successful sale! You do not want to own this property!


Search the Inland Empire are MLS no registration required!
Get Personalized free listing updates via email
What is your home is worth? No registration required.

No comments:

Post a Comment